Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day Back

So today is the first day back to school for 2008-2009!! Look at their faces....and they tell me they aren't excited for the first day!! You can't fake that kind of happy smile!! Check out nertz's hair!! Very bold move for me...wasn't sure I was brave enough...but I did, cuz it's not my hair and wouldn't I hate it if someone decided for me?? But I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! Can't believe how blonde she became this summer!! They are all growing up waaaaay too fast!! eeeek!

Here's the messenger bag we've been working on. She saw one like it while we were school shopping, but it was waaaay over our budget for a school bag, so we thought we'd give it a shot. He's a japanamation character named domo....and she's loves him and is very pleased with how the bag turned out. We found a couple of domo notebooks in target, so she's got those packed inside too.
And here's nertz on the playground with her best buds....the boys told me to put the cam away when i tried to take pics...well the one at the middle school anyway...the oldest drives himself...

4 comments:

jarispry said...

i LOVEloveLOVE nertz's domo bag! it's the coolest! rad! you will have to make a pattern... how do you figure those things out?!?!? measuring and all that?!? you rock!
xo!

yellowbugger said...

i used matt's bag for size...it's a little wider/deeper?? than most. the trickiest part are the corners of the bottom. getting them crisp and square. I'm just self taught, so i don't know how you are supposed to do it, i just make it up as I go. wouldn't have a clue how to make a pattern. made one bag right side out and one inside out and put them together so the inside doesn't have seams showing either. I'll take better pics tonight.

dAnI said...

you girls did a great job, super cute!! And I would say the boys look pretty excited for school too! I know I was ready for Karley to start last week.

calvin & hobbs said...

what a cute (handsome) group of kids ya got there! and i agree they all look happy to be going back! nertz bag is sooo cute, megan loves it!! i may someday have to become artsee fartsee!! (yeah...however you spell it, lol) but then again i got you and carla!!!